I’ve just Installed the Clean Archive Pluging for wordpress and all went well. Now I’ve got my archives off the front page and onto a seperate page in nicely listed and well ordered way. I thought I would share the steps with anyone trying it themselves.
1) Download the runPHP Plugin for WordPress from here
2) Unzip and install into your plugin directory, usually /wp-contents/plugins
3) Download the Clean Archive Pluging from here
4) Unzip and install into your plugin directory, usually /wp-contents/plugins
5) Active the runPHP and SRG Clean Archives as seen in the following screenshot.
6) Check Options–>Runphp and ensure that the proper Roles are selected to run Runphp on pages, In my case, it’s a personal blog with no one else contributes or editing as such so I select Administrator.
7) Handy Hint “In Options > Writing ” Turn off “WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically”
8) Create a page called Archive with the following code < ?php srg_clean_archives(); ?>, tick the run PHP code tickbox.
You should now have a nice ordered atchive page, similar to the screenshot below.